Contact us at: +1 434-220-0256
Albemarle County Virginia Farms for Sale
Albemarle County surrounds the city of Charlottesville and is known best for its beautiful
farmland and countryside. Albemarle County is home to some of the most noted gentleman
farms in Virginia as well as equestrian estates and beef cattle operations in Virginia. In addition to these
large farming operations, many hobby farms dot the landscape as well.
AlbemarleCountyVaFarms.com and Gayle Harvey Real Estate, Inc. strive to provide you the
most up-to- date list of farms for sale in Albemarle County. Our website is updated hourly so that
you receive only the most current information. Be sure to click on the photo for additional
Brief Facts about Farms in Albemarle County
- Farmland accounts for 168,877+/- acres in Albemarle County, 36% of the county land area
- Crops represent the largest share of agricultural products sold
- Total farm revenue for the county in 2012 was $31,000,000
- In 2017, According to USDA NASS Albemarle County crop land rents on average were $25/acre and grazing land rents were $17.50/acre
- In 2017, Albemarle County Farms harvested 26,100 acres of hay with an average of 1.75 tons/acre and produced 45,700 tons of hay according to USDA NASS Agricultural Census.
- Albemarle County Farms had 22,500 head of cattle in 2017 and 2,174 horses and ponies in 2012 according to the USDA NASS Reports
- Albemarle County ranks 2nd in Virginia’s quail production, 8th in sheep production, 12th
in hay production, and 37th in corn production
us today to begin your search for your ideal farm in Albemarle County, Virginia!